Monday, October 13, 2008

Something's Fishy


I didn't realize this scan was so faded looking until I saw it on the screen. Oh well, it gives you the general idea. I had intended to make this card on glossy cardstock, but I recently reinked the main ink pad I used on the card and it was too moist for glossy cs.
I sponged the background of the card with deep turquoise ink, which you have probably figured out by now is one of my favorites. Then I stamped the images with the different colors from my Big & Juicy Hydrangea ink pad. Next, I stamped the "bubbles" with deep turquoise ink that I stamped off once on scrap paper to lighten it up. I stamped the fish in the upper right corner of the card a second time on scrap paper, cut it out and mounted it with double stick foam tape to give the card more dimension. I also added a real blue dyed starfish as an embellishment for more dimension. I put a small layer of turquoise paper that had been run through my Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug embossong folder behind the main image. I adhered the main image with double stick foam tape.
The fish stamp set is from TAC. The stamp I used for bubbles is from Great Impressions and the saying stamp is from Hero Arts. The starfish is from my local recycling center. It was on a pretty piece of ribbon that had been on a bar of handmade soap.
Today (Monday) Paddington Bear turned 50 years old. My dh saw this in the news and knowing that I've always been a PB lover he sent me a PB email card, a PB screen saver and some PB icons. Then when he came home from work he had a PB bookmark that he had printed off the computer and made for me, complete with a red ribbon. Isn't he thoughtful?
Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: