Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Favorite Visitor

Happy Wednesday to you. This week is just flying by for me. The card I'm sharing today has a picture of one of my favorite visitors on it - butterflies! I love to watch the butterflies in both our front and back yards. The butterfly image on this card is watercolored. The butterfly flight trail is paper pierced. I draw the trail lightly with pencil, pierce it and then erase my pencil lines. I find an erasable pen eraser works best for erasing pencil marks from my cardstock.
The butterfly stamp is from Hero Arts. The "Just because" stamp is from SparklenSprinkle. Be sure to visit their website. They always have specials going on and they have alot of good techniques and ideas available to learn.

The inspiration for my card came from a card I saw on the Mama Dinis blog. Dina, the owner of the blog, is so very talented. She and her husband and four young children are missionaries to Indonesia. Dina's dh, Russ, had a stroke this week. Please pray for them. As you can imagine, the hospital there is nothing like our American hospitals.




A few days ago my dd, Lydia and I stopped at Goodwill together. I saw this beautiful bowl and fell in love with it, but didn't buy it, because I just don't get things like that for myself very often. The next morning Lydia went back to Goodwill and bought the bowl as a surprise for me. Now it will be something that I really cherish, because not only do I love it, but it's also a gift from Lydia's heart.
This is a picture of Lydia dressed up for the banquet where she received her Avon President's Club Award. She earned Presidents Club in her first year of Avon sales. (proud mom moment) If you're looking for a good Avon Rep, you can order online from Lydia. I figure seeing I give links for the stamp companies I should link my own dd. : )
Have a fabulous day!!!
Inky hugs!
Shelly




No comments: