Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fish Tales

Hello friends. This is a stamp I love, but don't use often, because I don't like coloring all of the little details that make it such a great stamp. I watercolored this image with tubes of watercolor. I have no idea what kind of fish these are or what they're supposed to look like, so I just made up colors for them. The fish are mounted with double stick foam tape. I added some accents with to the small details with a silver gel pen. That's it, other than adhering it to a brown card. The stamp is by Inkadinkado.


It looks like they have some fun things going on over at the Inkadinkado site this month. They have redesigned the site and are celebrating. One craft that particularly caught my eye was glow stick bracelets. You make them for kids to wear while trick-or-treating to make them more visible. For the instructions click on the Projects Tab and then on Stamping Crafts. The glow stick bracelets are on page 1. I think they would be cute with pumpkin charms.


**Today's Tip** Yesterday I was talking about "Found Embellishments". I happened to think of a favorite source - used jeans. I cut the tags and the buttons off of them to use on my artwork.


Have a wonderful day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly


No comments: