Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Mail Galore!!!

My mailbox has been bursting with happy mail lately. I feel so blessed to have so many caring people in my life. The card in the photo above came from my friend, Ginny. You can't tell in the photo, but the card shimmers beautifully. I love tulips, so Ginny picked a perfect stamp to use for me. Once in awhile my husband buys me tulips to surprise me, because we can't grow them down here. A favorite place of ours to visit in Michigan is Holland. Some day I would like to be there during their tulip festival. The picutres I have seen of it are gorgeous. But back to my card. Thank you very much for the beautiful card, Ginny.


The leaves in this photo were picked in Michigan by my mom and nieces, waxed with love and then sent to me. They do this project every fall for me, so that I can enjoy some of their lovely colored leaves. Isn't that sweet? And I have had fun sharing them over the years with many people here who either have never seen real colored leaves or else like me, miss seeing them each year. Most years some end up decorating my husband's classroom and our church too. So this gift brings joy to many. This year my 6 yr. old neighbor girl is going to get some of them. She's anxious to see what they look like, because she's a native Floridian. I heard that just after my mom and the girls collected these leaves for me the rest of the colored leaves were pretty much wiped out by wind and rain. I'm so thankful they were able to send me these. Thanks so much mom, Ali, and Kay. I love my leaves.
Have a terrific day!!!
Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: