Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Card that Makes Me Smile

Happy Thursday! I'm popping in here rather late, but at least I made it. : )


It is still overcast here in Florida. That is highly unusual for us. We're having rain, but not all day long and typically it is only overcast while it rains. Maybe I should listen to the weather forecast and find out what's happening. lol


I made this card because the stamps made me think of my two nieces, who live all the way up in Michigan. They have a swingset that they are often on and they have a chihuahua puppy. They got their puppy this summer and it is now over the 2 lb. mark in weight. Tiny huh? But I digress. The girl stamps on the card are TAC stamps from the Sunshine set, the grass stamp is from My Paper Moon, and the Believe stamp is a TAC stamp too. I colored the images with colored pencils. The shirt on the girl on the swing is paper pieced. I stamped & sponged the grass with lettuce ink. I sponged the sky with deep turquoise ink. I added a some jeweled brads to match the glitter in the background paper.


I ended up getting my hair cut by someone besides the gal who has been cutting it for years. It came out too short and the thing it wants to do is spike. Unless I'm careful how I style my hair, I go around looking like one of those Chia Pet Plants with the grass hair that grows straight up out of their heads. lol Thank goodness hair grows quite rapidly.


Have a great day!!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: