Friday, October 10, 2008

Center Tie Card


It's Friday! The weekend is here for those of you who get it off and have been waiting for it. I hope you get to do something fun and maybe fit in some crafting time too.

Today's card is made from Basic Grey paper. I used a free template from Mirkwood Designs. There are all sorts of nice templates available there and some great technique instructions too. The flourish stamp I used is from an Autumn Leaves set called Swirls by Rhonna Farrer. The Friend stamp is from one of the Studio G clear stamp sets from Michaels. The stamp actually says Friends, but I only used the Friend portion of it. The images are stamped in sepia ink. I sanded the card to give it a distressed look. I added two eyelets and my ribbon and I was finished. I also stamped some flourishes inside the card that only show when it is open. Be cautious when signing this kind of card if you don't want your writing to show outside the front flaps of the card.
*Today's Tip* I like to use the inexpensive clear stamp sets like the $1 ones that can be purchased at Michaels and JoAnns. Often when I first try to use them the ink just beads up on the stamp and I can't stamp a decent image. To fix this problem rub over the surface of the stamp with an eraser. After that, the stamp will accept ink properly. I have used erasable pen erasers for this and right now I'm using an old white pencil eraser that I found in our desk junk drawer.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: