Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Second Look

I'm sneaking in here to post this and then I have to get back to working on Christmas preparation. I've managed to fall so far behind that we just may have to postpone Christmas until I catch up. : ) Just kidding. I know the real meaning of Christmas is our Saviour's birth and I would never want to postpone celebrating that. But I would appreciate some prayers that this flu we have would improve instead of continuing to get worse. It is slowing me down.

This card is the second in my series of One Stamp, Three looks. Today's card is a very traditional look. I colored the tree stamp with my Prismacolor pencils and oms and paper pierced inside and outside the lines of the heart and Christmas tree. I machine sewed the image layer and the dp layer on to the card. That's something I won't be doing again. Why? Because I didn't enjoy it. My theory with card making is that it is for relaxation and enjoyment, so if I don't enjoy something, I don't do it. I used to love to sew, but gradually sewing machines and I have developed a terrible relationship. Every time I touch one for any reason the tension is wrong. But I digress. The stamp on my card is from Heart and Soul Rubber Stamp Co. I think you will need to click on the card to enlarge it in order to see the details on the card today. Stay tuned for card number three next time : )


Have a terrific day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: