Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End of 2008







Are you doing anything special for New Year's Eve? We went to a Fellowship Time at church and totally enjoyed it. Our daughter came over and visited for awhile afterward and now we're just relaxing. At midnight we'll kiss and probably go outside to watch the fireworks go off. There are usually some pretty ones. In fact there were already some beautiful 4th of July quality ones being set off when we were on our way home from the church get together.

















I'm sharing more happy mail tonight. The green card with the snowman is from Viv or Aunt V as we all fondly call her, even though most of us aren't related. : ) The pieces on the card are all 3-D shakers, except for the star, which is a jewel. It's such a cute card. Thank you very much Aunt V.
The beautiful flourish Christmas tree card is from Netta. That is such a pretty stamp - in fact all of the stamps used on the card are. Netta added tiny rhinestone "ornaments" and a jewel star to the tree. Thank you for the happy mail, Netta.
The brown and ecru tree card is from Suezette. You'll need to click on it to enlarge it so that you can see the beautiful sparkly embossing powder she used on the trees and "Merry Christmas". I love the change from traditional Christmas colors. Thanks so much, Suezette.
The blue, white & silver tree card is from Barb. I thought it was fun to show two cards using the same stamp, both beautiful cards, but so different. Barb embossed her trees in white and her greeting in silver and added a layer of silver cardstock to draw it all together. Thank you for the happy mail, Barb.
The snowman card with the ribbon on it is from Kim. I'm not sure what she used to color it, but it sure came out pretty. It looks like she used more than one medium. I'll have to ask her. : ) Thanks so much, Kim.
The red and green card is from Lynn. Hidden under the scalloped punch is another scalloped punch and circle inside the card and it says "Happy New Year". Pretty clever! I like the way Lynn drew the lighter green into her color scheme. Thank you very much, Lynn.
That's my card show for tonight. I guess I went beyond midnight, because Mark came over and kissed me. After that kiss I didn't even need to go outside to see fireworks. : )
I wish you all the very best in 2009. I can't wait to see how the Lord will use me in 2009.
See you next year. : )
Happy New Year!!!!
Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: