Monday, December 1, 2008

The Frost is on the Pumpkins

Here's one last fall card to share with you. The beautiful main image is from Heart & Soul Rubber Stamp Company and the little leaves are from My Paper Moon. I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils and oms. I cut the tiny leaves out so that the card would have a bit of depth to it.


Did you think I went missing? Mark got the Thursday - Saturday off, so we spent as much family time together as we could. We put up our Christmas tree and decorations. Mark even decorated outside, which is something we don't do alot of years due to lack of time.

Mark and Lydia braved a few stores on Black Friday. They waited until a little later in the day though so that they would miss the early morning insanity. I guess the lines were still real long though. I changed my mind about the storage unit I wanted, so they didn't have to stop for that anyhow. I did my shopping at home online and even found a coupon for free shipping. : )

Do you have any turkey left? We didn't have leftovers, because we ate at my sister-in-law's, but I have a good recipe to help you use up the last of that turkey.

Tostada Bean Stacks - Serves 4

2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Eight 6-inch Corn Tortillas
8 oz. - About 2 1/2 cups - shredded cooked turkey or chicken
1 can (15 oz.) Black beans, rinsed
1 can (8 oz.) Corn, drained
1/2 cup Mild Salsa Verde (green salsa) - red salsa will work too
1/2 cup Low Fat Sour Cream
1 cup (4 0z.) Shredded Pepperjack Cheese
1/3 cup sliced scallions

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Have 2 ungreased cookie sheets ready.
2. Brush oil on both sides of tortillas. Place in single layer on cookie sheets. Bake about 12 min. turning once, or until lightly toasted & crisp.
3. Meanwhile mix the turkey, black beans, corn, salsa and sour cream in a medium bowl.
4. Spoon half on 4 of the toasted tortillas; sprinkle with half the cheese and scallions. Top with remaining tortillas, the turkey mixture, cheese and scallions.
5. Bake 5 min. or until cheese melts.


***Today's Tip*** I keep an old curling iron with my stamping tools. It takes the wrinkles right out of a piece of ribbon and saves me from having to go use the regular iron. The low setting works well for more delicate ribbons like organdy and the high setting is just right for grosgrain and other heavier ribbons.


Have a marvelous day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!! :) Your tree looks nice too. I love Christmas <3

Shelly said...

Thank you, Sue. It helps to have nice stamps to work with. : )