Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Christmas Greeting

Hello Friends. : ) I am sorry my blogging has been so hit and miss lately. I expect I may as well just accept the fact that it will be that way until the holidays are over. Besides being busy with holiday preparations, we are all in one stage or another of illness. Nothing serious, just enough to make us feel yucky. lol
Today's card is happy mail from my friend, Teresa. Can you see the shimmer she used on the holly and on the dots in the background? (If not click on the photo to enlarge it.) Isn't it pretty? I also like the background she made for the card. Now I want to try a background like that, if I have enough time. Thank you so much for the pretty card, Teresa. It made my day!


Today's kid's craft is for the birds....literally. You will need large pine cones, yarn, peanut butter, spoons, paper plates, and a 9x13 baking pan half-filled with bird seed. Have the child place the pine cone on the paper plate and use the spoon to push peanut butter into the openings in the pine cone. Once the pine cone is liberally coated with peanut butter roll it in the bird seed in the 9x13 pan. Tie a loop of yarn to the top of the pine cone for a hanger. Once all of the pine cone ornaments are made, you can go outside and decorate a tree for the birds. Here in Florida our squirrels strip the pine cones down to a nub once the birds have eaten the peanut butter and seed off of them.


Have a terrific day!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: