Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Preparation

Are your plans all made for Thanksgiving? My sister-in-law always very graciously hosts the family dinner at her home. We're invited, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to bring yet. I guess I better find out pretty soon. : ) Usually she asks me to bring squash casserole, because my mother-in-law loves it. Today I'm going to share my recipe for squash casserole with you and give you several links to other blogs that have some great Thanksgiving recipes and crafts.


Squash Casserole - Serves 6
2lb. Zucchini Squash, diced
1/4 C chopped onion
1 C Shredded carrots
1 C Sour cream
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 lb. butter, softened
8 oz. pkg. Pepperidge Farm bread stuffing
Cook zucchini & onions 5 min. in boiling water. Drain.
Combine carrots, sour cream & soup. Mix well with squash & onions.
Mix soft butter & stuffing.
Line 8x13 pan with 1/2 of zucchini mixture. Top with 1/2 of stuffing mixture. Repeat layers.
Bake at 375 Degrees for 35 minutes.
This delicious recipe came from my Aunt Diane and has been a family favorite for many years. If you are watching your cholesterol, be sure to use low fat versions of the soup, sour cream and butter. I usually use low fat versions of the soup and sour cream, but for Thanksgiving I splurge and use real butter.
One of my favorite blogs to follow is Heartfelt Greetings. Amy on Heartfelt Greetings has been sharing some wonderful Thanksgiving recipes lately and I'm going to pass the links on to you.
This first one is for Crockpot Stuffing, so you can make extra stuffing without taking up space in your oven.
And this link is for Make-Ahead Gravy. A recipe for delicious gravy that you can make ahead of time, because we all know that there is never enough gravy.
The last link I want to share with you is from Donelda's blog, Wiggy's World. Donelda made some beautiful treats for at each place setting for her Thanksgiving table. When I saw these I thought that they would make nice place cards by adding a name to the tag.
I haven't asked in quite awhile, is there anything special I can pray about for you? If so, please email me at webe34him@bellsouth.net or leave a comment.
Have a fabulous day!!!
Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: