Happy Monday! I hope you're off to a great start to your week. Today I want to share with you the instructions for making metal magnets. Mine is made of copper, but you could use any type of metal that you can buy in sheet form.
Be sure to read the instruction all the way through before you start your project.
1. Using the Sizzix Slide Mount die, cut 1 slide mount out of a sheet of copper.
2. Run the copper slide mount through your Cuttlebug using the Tiny Mosaic embossing folder.
3. Cut a square of off white cardstock the same size as the slide mount.
4. Use a stipple brush to apply Sepia ink to the cardstock square.
5. Stamp your saying on the cardstock so that it will be centered in the window of the copper silde mount. I used a saying from the TAC Little Tidbits set.
6. Apply Terrifically Tacky Tape (double sided red liner tape) to the back of the copper slide mount.
7. Adhere the slide mount to the cardstock.
8. Cut a piece of brown cardstock slightly larger than the copper slide mount.
9. Apply Terrifically Tacky Tape to the off white cardstock on the back of the copper slide mount.
10. Adhere the brown cardstock to the back of the copper slide mount.
11. Cut around the edges of the brown cardstock with decorative edger scissors.
12. Attach 2 Prima flowers together with a coordinating brad.
13. Use E-6000 craft adhesive to adhere the flowers to the front of the copper slide mount.
14. Apply a self-adhesive magnet strip to the back of the copper slide mount.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com or leave a comment by clicking on comments at the very end of this post.
I have some exciting news to share. Nancie Waterman of Vamp Stamp News Magazine asked permission to quote me in this month's issue of her magazine. Of course, I said yes. And guess what??? I won the drawing for 8 back issues of Vamp Stamp News!!! I'm really looking forward to them. They will keep me busy reading and trying new things for a long time. Thank you, Nancie.
Have a terrific day!!!