Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Java Time

Hello everyone. I hope you're finding time to craft even though things are starting to pick up toward the holidays already. Seems hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only 9 days away.
The picture above is of an envelope that I made recently. Nothing fancy, but very cute. I use wallpaper samples to make the majority of my envelopes. Our local wallpaper store gives their old sample books away for free. It's an economical way to make envelopes and I'm keeping the sample books from going to the landfill. I use The Kreate-a-lope template by Green Sneakers for making my envelopes. It's so user friendly. You can visit their website at http://www.greensneakers.com/ . For envelopes like the one above, I use a printer label horizontally on the back side to address the envelope so that I don't ruin the picture. The post office accepts them just fine that way as long as you have your stamp on it. : ) If you want to address an envelope so that it would be vertical, it does cost extra to mail it that way.


The background paper for this coffee theme card was made by spraying a sheet of off white paper with water and crumpling it up. I smoothed it out and let it dry. Then I lightly ran the surface of my Sepia dye ink pad over the paper. The paper picked up the ink in the folds where it had been crumpled. Next I stamped coffee beans all over it with a stamp from My Paper Moon. Then I stamped Java with a stamp from Anita's and last came the Spatter stamp from My Paper Moon. I used sepia ink on all of the stamps. Everything else on the card is pretty self-explanatory. The inside of the card is stamped with a stamp by Heart & Soul Rubber stamps that says, "Java Happy Birthday!". I don't know who the rest of the stamps on the card are made by, because I received them in an image swap. An odd fact: I love the smell of coffee, but don't like the taste of it. I do enjoy using my coffee theme stamps though.


Have a terrific day!!!!


Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: