Tuesday, October 13, 2009

An Envelope Full of Fun

I had something else planned to show you today and then noticed this card in my pictures and realized that I hadn't ever shared it with you. Many months ago one of the Yahoo groups I belong to had a fun challenge. We were each given the name of a member to send an envelope of stuff to. The member had to make a card using only the products in the envelope. We could color an image and use adhesive, but otherwise we couldn't add to what we received in the envelope. My envelope of goodies came from Viv and I fell in love with this image from Faerie Song Stamps. Plus Viv sent papers in my favorite colors, so my card was easy to make.
Isn't the iridescent paper gorgeous? Viv made my challenge a delight.
I sent my partner, Kim, this wolf image from Sarasota Stamps, because it made me think of Montana where Kim used to live. What I didn't think about is that the image and the card size are different from what Kim normally works with, but she took it right in stride. I absolutely love the card she made for me.
Here's a close up of the wolf. His colors are deeper in person.
This is the wonderful blog candy that I won from smARTworks. It's such a versatile sheet of stamps. I'll be using them for both card making and scrap booking. Thanks so much Susan. I love the stamps. :) When you visit the smARTworks site be sure to check out each of the tabs. There are all sorts of things going on there.

Blessings

  • A phone visit with my mom. :)
  • My friend surprised me with 4 gorgeous new outfits and a new purse yesterday. Wow! Am I loved & spoiled or what?
  • The wonder of seeing the world through a child's eyes.
Have a marvelous day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

1 comment:

Sandy R said...

What a cute stamp set!! Congrats!