Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Well Used Card

I'm definitely getting my mileage out of today's card. I made it for Flutterby Challenge #70 at Danni's Dreams, a Spread Your Wings Challenge on a Yahoo group I belong to and a Winged Swap on another group.

I'm hoping that in this close up view you can see the shimmer around the edges of the butterflies' wings where I used my clear Stardust pen. The card stocks are both shimmery too. I ran the lavender layer through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils and oms. The spatter is made with thinned down silver acrylic paint and a toothbrush. I added tiny crystals to the butterfly bodies and crystal brads in the card corners for finishing touches. I don't know who the makes the stamp. I received it in a trade.

Blessings

  • Mark brought me the 1st & so far only Black Eyed Susan from his wild flower bed, because he knows I love them. :)
  • Lloyd is doing very well at rehab. He's improving each day.
  • Lydia has alot of dog sitting work lately.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly




1 comment:

Danni said...

Oh so pretty!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with my challenge! Hugs!