Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'll be back

I'll be away for awhile, but I will be back as soon as I can. I'm having surgery tomorrow. I'm not sure how soon I'll feel up to creating cards and blogging.  I'm not very creative when I'm feeling bad. :)

This was an easy card to make, but I liked how it turned out. It has a much prettier shimmer to it in person. I ran a piece of blue card stock through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder & trimmed around the embossed piece. Then I used a sponge to highlight the card stock with blue Brilliance ink. Next I add some green Brilliance ink. I added several layers and used my SU Ticket Corner Punch on the last layer. The finishing touch was some Bella Baubles in the four corners.
Maybe this close up view will show the shimmer better if you enlarge it.
It has been simply ages since I have remembered to show you my monthly calendar pages made by my friend, Martha. So this month I'm showing you August and..............


July! The July page has glitter in the stars that doesn't show well in the picture. There is a sheet for each month that fits in a magnetic acrylic frame that is approx. 3 1/2" x 5 1/2". I just love this calendar. It's fun to look forward to the surprise of a new handmade page every month.
Martha is so creative. She comes up with all sorts of wonderful themes.

Blessings
  • Simple joys like my monthly calendar I showed today.
  • Our friend, Lloyd, is walking on the parallel bars!!!
  • Caring family and friends at times like this when I face a medical problem.
Have a marvelous day!!!!
Inky hugs!
Shelly




6 comments:

Danni said...

I'm thinking of you and hoping all goes well!! Hugest hugs!
Love the card, very pretty and the calendar pages are so nice, what a great thing to receive!

Becky said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Becky said...

I love the cuttlebug card. Very pretty! I have a blog award for you! http://www.becky-mypapermoon.blogspot.com

Netta said...

Danny I love that first card. I thought you used alcohol inks...I was surprised it was layered ink! Very pretty.
Hope you are doing well..

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card. Hope you are feeling better now.
Thanks for your comment.
Carole

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Hope you are feeling better now. Love the card.

Cheers, Holley