Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Winning Card


In my last post I told you about a contest we had in a group I belong to and showed you the card that I made. Today I am showing you the winning card. This gorgeous card was made by Netta. Be sure to visit her blog, Fun with Ink, and see more of her beautiful artwork.

Also, Netta and her sister just opened a new online store called Stamping Palace. Stop by and check out all of the goodies there. They have some awesome stamps!


Last week two Pileated Woodpeckers landed in the oak tree outside my craft room window. I was talking to Mark on the phone at the time and became almost incoherent in my excitement over these huge birds that had landed in the tree. Mark had to tell me what they were. I had never seen one before. They are 15" tall! No wonder I was astonished to have them land in my tree. :) It's rare to see one and I got to see two at once. What a wonderful gift from the Lord!


Please continue to pray for our friend, Lloyd. He's still in the critical care unit. They're hoping they can replace his respirator with a trachea to make him more comfortable. He has been more alert for several days now and was able to hold Dawn's hand.


Blessings
  • My visit from the woodpeckers
  • Good news for my daughter
  • Mark's loving help with the things I can't do
  • A phone visit with a friend

Have a fantastic day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly