Monday, July 27, 2009

Smile or Groan

I love the stamp I used on this card. It appeals to my sense of humor. It also goes well with the card I'm going to show next time, so be sure to check back. This stamp is an Emerson Quillin by American Art Stamp. The Emerson Quillin stamps are on sale at American Art Stamp right now, so it's a good time to shop.

We get huge wood spiders in our house. I've known that we had one, because I have walked through a web that they make several times lately. One night recently at 2:51 a.m. I got up to use the bathroom. I bent to get a new roll of toilet paper out of the cupboard and felt a spider web. While I was bent over I saw several nasty spider legs curled around the edge of the bathroom vanity. It was time to wake Mark. There was a huge spider hiding in the vanity!!! So I woke him from a sound sleep and explained the problem. He went in and looked and proceeded to explain very nicely to me that those were big staples that hold the vanity front on, not big spider legs. Note to self: Wear glasses when I get up at night. (Insert sheepish smile here.) Fast forward to the next evening. I was sitting at the computer in my craft room and I saw something large move. It was not a huge spider, it was an enormous spider, the grand daddy of them all. So I scurried into the living room and informed Mark that the spider truly was in my craft room. He went in and slew the spider for me. My hero!!! Now if he can just catch the nasty skink that is in my laundry room. But that's another story.



Speaking of spiders, this is a photo of some spider webs I took when we were in NC. I like the way the webs look when the spiders are absent.


Blessings

Our friend Lloyd has been moved from critical care to a private room.

Our insurance - my heart goes out to those without it.


Have a marvelous day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

2 comments:

Danni said...

Very cute card and oh so true! LOL! Too funny about it being staples vs. a spider...

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That is a funny story but I would have also freaked out and woke up my husband. He probably wouldn't have found it so amusing