Monday, July 27, 2009

Soakin' Up Some Rays

I've been on a roll of making summer cards lately. This is the first of many you will see, hopefully. The card background is made with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The adorable lizard stamp and his bottle of lizard oil are from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I don't know who makes the sunglasses stamp.

Here is a close up view so that you can see the detail of the stamps better. The sunglasses refelect two palm trees and a hammock stretched between them. I put Crystal Lacquer on the lenses of the sunglasses stamp and also on the lizards sunglasses lenses, but I don't know if you can see it. But you can see the real sand that I put around the lizard on the "beach".

Friday was our 28th wedding anniversary. This is a picture of us after we went out for dinner on Saturday. We were the only ones here so we had to take our own picture. That caused alot of laughter and many terrible pictures. Thank God for digital cameras. :) That also explains the cluttered background. We didn't realize we were getting all of the junk in our picture.


Blessings

  • 28 years in a very happy marriage
  • Happy mail
  • The prayers of others
  • Everything is lush, gorgoeus & green from all of our rain. The woods behind my house are so beautiful right now.


Have a fabulous day!!!

Inky hugs!

Shelly




3 comments:

Sporty Stamper said...

Great idea using some sand on your card. Happy Anniversary!

Danni said...

What a totally fun card! Love it!! And again, Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful photo! Hugs my friend!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

28 years! wow. that is a blessing. I hope that 18 years from now I can say the same.