Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Flutter By Card

When I spoke to my sister on the phone the other day she asked me if I took part in any of the online challenges and I told her no. I also told her that I had lost my creativity since my surgery. I have someone special that I need to make a card for, so I decided to use one of my favorite challenges to try to jump start my creativity. : ) I made a butterfly card for the Flutter By Wednesday Challenge at Danni's Dreams.

Besides having a butterfly on it, today's card was supposed to have pink on it too. The photo of my card isn't very good, but it's the best I could do with my camera at night. The pinks on the card are prettier in real life. Also, the card is cut at a slant on the top and has about an inch cut off the right, front edge so that you see the print on the inside of the card. My photo angle doesn't show that. Photography isn't my love, stamping is. lol Thanks to Bev Mantle for the card idea.

Supplies:
Stamps: Bold Butterfly Set -Stampin' Up; Happy Birthday -unknown
Ink: Big & Juicy Soothing Sunset; StazOn Jet Black
Paper: Pink -Bazzill; Gloss - Mac Paper; White - unknown
Accessories: pastel brads


We're expecting a record setting hard freeze here in our part of Florida tonight and a large part of the state. My heart goes out to the growers. Citrus, vegetables, plant nuseries, etc. They will all be fighting to save their lively hood throughout the night.


Please pray for my sister Sandy's family, especially her oldest son. They have had a very close relationship with his birth mom. Today they got news that his birth mom died unexpectedly. This will be hard for all of them as she was a loved member of their family.


Blessings:
  • A warm house & clothes on this freezing night.
  • Some very affirming words from a casual aquaintance about something that she didn't even know was bothering me. Thank you Lord!
  • Scrapbook & Stamping Magazines from a friend.
  • A letter from my mom. : )
Have a terrific day!
Inky hugs!
Shelly

4 comments:

Danni said...

Oh Shelly!! I'm so glad you played along! Love your card, so fun with the angle on it and stuff!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So glad I could inspire you back into making a card.....made me feel good to know that you liked it enough to try it too.

Netta said...

I like this card. it is good for any type like thankyou or thinking of you , etc. great card!

Sheila said...

I don't think you've lost your creativity at all - I love the card!