I've been experimenting with making some bath products lately. I found out that soap is harder to make than I expected. : ) But the Oatmeal Milk Bath came out very well and I'm gradually getting it all packaged in these cute little gift packages. If you'd like the recipe for the Oatmeal Milk bath email me or leave me a comment. I don't want to bore everyone with it on the blog.
But I did want to share how to make these little gift packages, because you could package many different things in them with Halloween and Christmas coming up.
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to 2 3/4" x 8 1/2".
2. Score the cardstock at 3 5/8" and 4 3/4" and fold it.
3. Adhere a 2 1/2" x 3 5/8" piece of designer paper to an outside panel of the box.
4. Adhere a computer generated label to the dp. Mine measured 2 1/8" x 3 1/8" and I punched the corners of it with my ticket punch.
5. Use a 2" x 3" ziploc bag to hold your gift. Secure it to an inside panel of the box with a strip of double-sided red liner tape. (The tiny ziploc bags can be purchased at craft stores & at some Walmarts.)
6. Making sure the edges are even, punch two holes side by side through both layers at the top of the box.
7. Put ribbon through the holes and tie it.
I think Christmas and Halloween packages would be adorable if you substituted a seasonal embellishment for the label. If you make some, please share a picture with me.
**Update: I just thought to add that I fill the small pastic bags with a funnel when I'm filling them with the Oatmeal Milk Bath. It makes the job neater and easier.
I'll leave you with an awesome thought today. You're somebody very special, because God created you in His image!