Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Creepy Crawly Treat


Wouldn't these spider cookies be fun for a Halloween party or even for a kid's birthday party? My neighbor did her son's last birthday party in a bug theme and these would have been perfect for it. I found this idea on a site, but unfortunately when I went back to the link to post it here today the info was gone. So I can't give proper credit to the person who came up with the idea, but it wasn't me.
To make the spider cookies you use chocolate sandwich cookies, black licorice whips, mini m&m's, and chocolate frosting. Adhere two m&m "eyes" to each cookie with a dab of chocolate frosting. Cut licorice whips into even lengths and insert 3 pieces into each side of the cookie for legs. The chocolate sandwich cookies in the photo have orange frosting, because they are the ones that are sold that way around Halloween time, so watch for them in your grocery store if you want orange frosting. Have a great party!!!
Do you ever get to thinking about the things others excel at that you wish you excelled at? Sometimes God has to remind me that He made each one of us unique. He didn't give my specific insights, gifts and instincts to anyone else. I Peter 4:11b says, "If anyone ministers, let him do it as with ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ..." Remember to thank God for the special abilities that He gave only to you.
Have a great day!!!
Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: