Monday, October 6, 2008

A Different Shape

Hello! I apologize for wandering off for so many days. I managed to catch the flu that is going around and only felt up to using my laptop. Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have the program I need to upload my photos to my blog. Then yesterday we ended up being gone until almost midnight, which is very unusual for us on a Sunday.


The card I'm sharing today is made from a template that my mom gave to me. The images on the background are stamped in sepia and deep turquoise inks. Then I added some sepia ink around the edges of the card directly from the ink pad. I also sponged deep turquoise ink on the background. Sadly, I don't know which companies the stamps on the background came from, except for the Long Writing Background stamp. It is from Hero Arts. Next I cut out a circle with my handy Coluzzle and stamped the train on it in Jet Black. The train stamp is by Rubber Stampede. I paper pierced around the edge of the circle. Then I cut a mat for the circle out of brown cardstock and ran it through my Cuttlebug, using the Tiny Mosaic embossing folder. I adhered the matted circle and my card was done. I could give a sigh of relief over making a masculine card that I actually felt good about. For some reason I have a harder time making masculine cards.


If you haven't visited the Hero Arts blog, be sure to do so. They have alot of good ideas to offer and often an instructional video. Coincidentally, their blog is about masculine prints and patterns today. : )


Have a great day!!!!


Inky hugs!
Shelly

No comments: