Friday, July 13, 2012

A "Punny" Card

Hi friends.  In May I won a challenge at Stampin' Sisters In Christ and my prize was 3 digital stamp sets of my choice from Doodle Pantry Digital Doodles. I used images from one of the sets I choose on today's card.  I figured this "punny" set would be sure to bring a smile to someone that is sick.  I wish I had added some shimmer to the fish, but didn't think of it until after I had already covered the fish bowl with clear vinyl to make it look like glass.  Next time!  I made the background paper using the Polished Stone Technique.  I make this paper up ahead of time in large batches, so that I have it on hand when I need it.  Plus it's kind of addictive to make when you get going. :)  I used an embossing folder and ink for my other paper.  The card itself is a beautiful, metallic, silvery blue.  The card sketch is from Fetch a Sketch.  I seldom use sketches, because I'm never sure how creative I'm allowed to be with them for challenges.  Here's hoping my version is okay. :)
I'm entering these challenges:

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #147 - Use at least 1 circle or oval element, at least 2 different papers and at least 1 embellishment.

Word Art Wednesday #36 - Use an encouraging or uplifting sentiment.

Fetch A Sketch #28 - Follow the sketch.

Blessings

  • We had a little rain yesterday.
  • Sweet, juicy watermelon that was given to us. 
  • Mark is feeling well on his busier work schedule this week.
  • Funny things kids do that make us smile.
Have a fabulous day!!!

Blessings and hugs!
Shelly

6 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Shelly: This is just so super adorable. I love those googly eyes on the fish. What an adorable card you've made here. I am grateful and blessed that you share your creations in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. I was just praying for you and Mark, and I want you to know that I praise God for allowing us to meet. Keep on creating and sharing with us....it blesses me so much, and I know it also feels so good personally to create with the talents God has given us. You are a blessing to me, Shelly. Thanks for being you!
Hugs,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Marlena M. said...

Shelly, I love the punny sentiment, it's darling and your polished stone paper is amazing. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog~it encouraged me today! ;) Thank you also for sharing this at Word Art Wednesday~

Unknown said...

What a cool and fun card this is Shelly! Love those cute bubbles, too! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Loopylou. said...

cute card shelly
thank you for playing along with us over on the FAS challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Glimpses of My Heart said...

This is SO cute! Love the whole thing! My daughter just got a beta and he is blue and red. She would love this card! Thanks for playing along this week at SSiC.
Blessings,
Michelle

Wendy Swenne said...

Such a cute card. I really love the "bubbles" paper on the left side. It really puts some more to the card.

Thanks so much for playing along with us on WAW.

Wendy