Monday, July 9, 2012

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

My post title is fitting for my card, but also for how we feel about God bringing our family through my husband's heart surgery in June.  Mark had a nine hour surgery.  We had planned that I would come home nights, but when I finally saw Mark after that long operation, I knew that I couldn't leave him, especially since I would be 1 1/2 hours from the hospital.  Not only did he look rugged, but they had multple things hooked up to both of his hands and arms, so his hands and arms were pretty well useless.  It ended up that I was able to stay with him in his room the whole time he was hospitalized. We are so grateful to our daughter for taking over here at home, so that I could stay. It was a terrific hospital.  Best care I've ever seen.  Mark is healing very well.  He has a some side effects, but nothing that he isn't supposed to have at this point in healing.  Last week was his first week back on full days at work.  He's glad to be out from under the strict restrictions he had at first. :)  We are so very thankful for how well Mark is doing and for how God worked out the details of so many things for us during this time.  We can truly say God was faithfully with us every step of the way.  A big thank you to all of you who prayed for us and encouraged us during this time.  It meant so much to both of us.  Mark received lots of happy mail.  He really enjoyed it.

As many of you know, we live and work at a resdential, Christian boy's ranch ministry.  The boys have been at their homes for summer break, but returned today.  Tomorrow starts summer school and camp for our boys.  This will be a more true test for Mark's energy and stamina, so please pray for him. 

The hymn on my card came in this circle form.  It's from Beyond the Fringe.  I cut the tree out of a vintage image from Shoregirl's Creations.  The butterfly a friend gave to me, the corner punch is SU, the button is a vintage one, the cork under the button is from my stash and so are the twine and brads.
And, of course, all the papers have been inked on the edges. :)
I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Word Art Wednesday - Encouraging or Uplifting Sentiment
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Going Round in Circles - The hymn cut in a circle and the round button & cork & brads.
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - 1 Circle or Oval Element, 2 Papers and 1 Embellishment (at least) - Hymn button, cork and brads are circle elements, I used 3 papers -  the background paper, the corner punch paper, & the butterfly paper.  Multiple embellishments

Blessings
  • Affordable fruit!
  • Such pretty wild flowers in our patch.
  • A fun, family evening eating and playing games by the ocean.
Have a wonderful day!!!

Blessings and hugs!
Shelly




7 comments:

Marsha Fisher said...

Beautiful card and testimony to God's Grace at work in your lives :0)

Marlena M. said...

Wow, I'm so glad your husband is doing well Shelly. I pray that he continues to heal. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at Word Art Wednesday!

Teresa said...

Wow this is a beauty, Thanks you for joining in the fun at Joanna Sheen Going around in circles challenge.
Teresa xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Shelly: God is SO faithful, and always gets us through those valleys. What a blessing you were to Mark and I'm sure that aided in his recovery. I just love your card. You did an amazing job on this, and we're SO excited to have you linked up in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Thanks for sharing, and for being a blessing!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Diane Noble said...

Definitely one of my all-time favorite hymns. Great project!!! Thanks for joining Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week for our challenge. I love your interpretation for it. We are delighted to have your project there to inspire us all. Diane Noble (SSIC-DT)

Sandra said...

Great card!! Thanks for joining in with Joanna Sheen's Challenge this week.
Sandra x

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Shelly - God is indeed faithful - it is great to hear your husban is doing well after his surgery, Praise the Lord! I love that image and the'plan' you have used - perfect for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge! We appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team