Friday, May 7, 2010

A Fish Bowl Card for a Friend

Hi friends.  I hope you've had a great day.  It has been a gorgeous day here.  Sunny and very warm.  I love bright, sunny days.

This was a fun card to make.  I made the card in the shape of the gold fish bowl.  I covered the front of the card with clear laminate to make it look like glass.  I used Shimmerz on the gold fish.  I apologize for the poor quality of the picture.  I had to take it at night.  It really washed out the colors.

A little side note about this card.  The person I sent it to was playing a fish game on FB at the time, so he got a laugh out of getting a fish card.  I love it when that kind of thing happens with a card.  I believe God orchestrates even small happenings like that.

Blessings
  • A friend that's in the hospital has stabilized.
  • More happy mail!!!
  • A really good day, despite the fact that I have a lot to do and have some big things weighing on me emotionally.
Have a fabulous day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I love your Fish Bowl Card Shelly! Beautiful colors and wonderful shimmer!! Have a great weekend!!
Hugs, Tammy

Annie said...

love your shimmery fun goldfish card! and thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely message.
hugs, annie x

Carole said...

Wow...what a great card!
Such a fab idea :)
Carole

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Very swimmy card. :)
I am glad your friend is better. :)