Monday, October 13, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

Hello friends.  My very creative and uplifting friend, Susan, over at Faith Words Faith Expressions invited me to join this blog hop.  Be sure to hop over and see what Susan has going on at her blog.


This is a flip card I made for a birthday using the fun spinner from the Spinner2stamp set by The Stamps of life.    If you haven't tried their stamps yet, I highly recommend them.  They're super quality clear stamps.  None of that sub par stamping that you get with low quality clear stamps.  (I don't work for them, just love their stamps.)


This is a zendoodle I did.  I mostly use my doodles on cards or in my journals.  Some I color and some I just leave black and white.

This is a journal spread I did about being a wife and mother.  The journals I share with others mostly contain Bible verses and quotes and art experiments.  My journals where I write my prayers and  private feelings are kept just between me and the Lord.

4. How does your creative process work?  I work on things in bits and pieces.  I never finish a  project all at one sitting.  Partially because I am in too much pain to sit and work on something that long and partially because I like to work on things in stages and come back the next day with a fresh perspective.
This is a background that I have started.  It's not at all what I was aiming for, but I ended up liking how it turned out.  That's the fun of experimenting.  You'll see this background again, either for a journal page or card.

Blessings:
  • A phone visit with my sister.
  • A friend is home from a long hospital stay and doing well.
  • A gorgeous Monarch butterfly in my yard.
  • Sweet newborn calves.
Have a fabulous day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

7 comments:

SCarol said...

Shelly, what a lovely post. Loved seeing your creations, they are AMAZING! I hope you will share more of your zendoodles and journal pages. I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain, and I pray you will find healing and freedom from pain. I struggle with my health too. I love how you always finish with a list of blessings - I can call you my very creative and uplifting friend too :) Blessings x

Electra said...

More beautiful art from you Shelly! I simply ADORE your zentangle!

Doris said...

Your spinner card looks like fun! The zentangle you showed is beautiful--such soft colors you chose. Thanks for sharing your personal insights, too.

Unknown said...

I thought your post was just so encouraging and honest. I like you swing card and I do love Stephanie Bernard's work. Your art journal page is very pretty. You seem wise beyond years. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 153rd challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

Unknown said...

How wonderful to read so much more about you Shelly! Lovely post! And you have certainly picked some fine creations to show us here. WOW, you 'zentangle' incredibly well my friend, awesome colours, too! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Tammy said...

Fabulous post Shelly! Wonderful to know a little bit more about you... I love that zendoodle too!!
Hugs, Tammy

Sheila said...

I'm amazed - so much gorgeous talent! Love it all!