Saturday, January 4, 2014

Add A Little Zip To Your Card!

Hello friends.  Happy Saturday!  Are you enjoying the weekend?  I'm having a nice, quiet day at home today.

I used two new techniques on this card: The zipper flower and the chevron technique.  The instructions for the zipper flower are here and here is the link to the chevron technique.  The dp is my "shopping sin" on this card.  I really liked it when I got it, but then never used it until I made this card.


 Here's a close up of the zipper flower.  I find that the flowers can be varied quite a bit depending on the zippers you use, how tightly you pull your gathering stitch and how you coil the flower.  I finished my flower off with some ribbon and a couple stick pins.


Challenges I'm entering:

A Gem Of A Challenge - Something New - The two new techniques I used.

Allsorts  - Free & Easy

Totally Gorjuss - Ribbon - Used ribbon under my flower.

Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge - Anything Goes

Our Creative Corner - No More Shopping Sins! - MY shopping sin is the dp.

Blessings:
  • Purple Band-aids - They make any cut feel better. :)
  • A warm home on the rare, really cold days we have here.
  • The ability to laugh at myself when I need to. 
Have a terrific day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly




14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the chevron and the zipper flower Shelly. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Really appreciate the visit:-)

Claudia N. said...

LOVE your zipper flower, Shelly!
I tend to hoard my designer papers for quite some time too - I am glad you used one of yours for this gorgeous card!

Thank you for sharing it with us at OurCreativeCorner!

Claudia x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful creation, thank you for joining us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge #10 anything goes, we would love it if you could join in with us again next week, for another fab challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B (Owner)
XX

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 10: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Shelly, I love that zipper flower and the stick pins!!
Hugs, Tammy

Debbie said...

A great design Shelly...love the zipper flower. Thank you for joining us at AGOAC. x

Leanne said...

oh! Shelly!!! Thanks for a million things - for stopping by my blog, for the heartfelt comment about my 'Annalee' (it really made me so happy to read), for becoming a new follower, AND . . . almost most importantly . . . For showing me this awesome zipper flower!!! I have been a bit removed from learning cool new techniques and I absolutely LOVE this. I think I can easily add it to some mixed media work I am thinking up!! It is absolutely lovely to meet you, and I am now a new follower of yours! Yay!

Diane said...

Wonderful design Shelly I love the zipper flower idea.

Hugs Diane

Marsha Fisher said...

What a beautiful card and love the zipper flower esp.

Unknown said...

wow Shelly, your zipper flower is amazing, supercool card! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Doris said...

Thanks for the link to the chevron tutorial--can't wait to give it a try! Such an easy way to add interest to a card. Your card is just beautiful :)

Words and Pictures said...

Great zipper flower - looks so cool... I'm the same with DPs - really have to grit my teeth to stop stroking and start using them! Fab card. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
Alison x

Sheila said...

Beautiful card - I have some of these beautiful zipper flowers - thank you Sis!