Friday, June 8, 2012

So Blessed!

Hi friends.  The majority of this magnet is made from a double-sided sheet of dp called Laurel Scrap Strip 2 from Scenic Route Paper.  I received this paper from a friend and as soon as I saw it I knew I would make something for my home with it, because the sentiment so expresses how I feel.  I am blessed, abundantly blessed.  That doesn't mean that life is always easy or that I never have problems.  What it does mean is that I recognize how wonderfully God works in my life and cares for me. No matter what my circumstances, with God in my life I can always say, "I am abundantly blessed.".
For my magnet I started with a chipboard frame from K& Co.  I covered it with a scrap of card stock.  The background is a piece of the dp.  The sentiment is also cut from the dp. The little bird is cut from the dp, backed with card stock to make it more durable and mounted on double stick foam tape.  I put a piece of a Sizzix flourish die cut behind the sentiment and finished off the magnet with a few rhinestones.  All of the papers are inked, of course.  I'm not sure I can make a paper project without inking my papers. :)

I'm linking to:
Word Art Wednesday #31
Moving Along With The Times Anything But A Card
Southern Girls Challenge Things With Wings
Fab' n' Funky Go Green!
Whimsy Stamps Challenge Things With Wings

Blessings
  • A great date with my hubby!
  • A wonderful answer to prayer!
  • The joy of working together as a family on a project.
  • Today I found two items that I had misplaced for quite some time. :)
Have a fabulous day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

11 comments:

Judith said...

Hi Shelly - what a gorgeous project I love the colours and the sentiment thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week and good luck in the draw hugs Judith x
Ps what's this you say about sunny Florida? I'm here on holiday at the minute so where's the sun - plenty of rain!! Ha ha

Karen Letchworth said...

I love your project, Shelly. That shape is so unique and darling. Thanks for sharing this with us in the challenge at Word Art Wednesday. What a treat to see your darling work in our challenge. Hope you are having a very blessed week!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Mau xx said...

What a Lovely post Shelly, Love your beautiful creation ..a daily reminder :)
The colours and paper are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with MAWTT
Hugs Mau xx

Siv said...

What a great magnet (and a lovely idea - I think I might "steal" that..)! I really like the bright colours you've chosen.
Thank you so much for joining the Southern Girls for the "Things with wings" challenge. Hope to see you again!
Hugs Siv

Pami said...

What a great project Shelly, love the shape. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

Charlene said...

What a cute magnet, I love the color combination. What a great thing to put on your fridge as a reminder of being blessed with all that we have. Wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing with us at Whimsy this week.

Wendy Swenne said...

Wow, love your project. Love the bright colors and clean look to it.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us on WAW.

Wendy

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is a wonderful magnet, what a great idea, Thanks for joining in our anything but a card challenge this week on MAWTT, Love Hazelxox

Wendy said...

Love this hun very elegant fab colours and cute bird thank you for joining us this week at Whimsey Challenge for our things with wings theme

hugs Wendy DT WS

judit said...

Great project, love the colour :) Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

Sue said...

The zesty summery colour combination is gorgeous and the message is lovely - a wonderful reminder. Sue x