Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's Baaaaccckkk

Great news!!!  My mojo seems to be coming back.  I'm so thankful.  I went for over three weeks without doing any crafting whatsoever.  I've never gone that long without crafting, unless my health prevented me from doing so.  I was getting a bit worried.  Here I have ALL of these craft supplies and I had no desire to make a thing.  What if I stayed that way forever? lol  Normally if my mojo is a bit lacking I at least putter around and make backgrounds or color images.  I didn't even do that.  I hope my mojo had fun wherever it went.  I'm thinking it was somewhere warm and tropical. ;)
 The awesome rubber stamp I used is from Heart and Soul Rubber Stamp Co.  Sue carries a fabulous selection of Christian stamps and lots of other great stamps too.  If you're on a tight budget, you will really appreciate being able to get any of Sue's unmounted stamps for just $1.50 each.  Sue also offers her stamps on cling mount and wood and has grab bags available.  A friend sent me some card stock embossed with the Cuttlebug Allegro folder, because I love that folder and don't have it.  It makes a beautiful background.  I'm hoping Santa will leave one in my stocking. :)

Challenges I'm entering:
Word Art Wednesday
Scripture Thursday @ Little Birdie Blessings
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Make a card of praise using music

Blessings
  • My dh has been able to start the process of laser surgery on his lip.  Ask me about this if you want to hear the details of how God worked this out.  We didn't think dh would ever be able to have this surgery.
  • My new Ott light.  A wonderful gift that is helping me see so much better when I'm crafting.
  • My doctors.  Parts of Kenya have only one doctor per every 50,000 people and I have multiple doctors who care for me.  I'm beyond blessed - I'm spoiled.  
  • Giving to others.  There are so many in need and there are lots of ways to give - not just financially. 
Have a terrific day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Shelly, thank you so much for visiting my challenge blog, Word Art Wednesday and your kind words on my tag. Very sweet of you to take the time to do that.
I'd love for you to share your beautiful card in my challenge. It's perfect. I am going to follow you so I can remember to visit again.

Have a peaceful and fun Thanksgiving.
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Sherry Kushibab said...

Thank you for the lovely comment on my angel.....glad to see you are getting your mojo back. Sometimes our creativity needs a little break. Like the EF and the scripture on your card, Blessings for a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Shelly, Your card is delightful, everything I love, music, scripture and earth tones. You put it together in such a fabulous way. Thank you so much for linking up with Scripture Thursday. You are appreciated, and one of my blessings this week. ~ Abby

Jan Marie said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the warm, rich colors and of course, the scripture! That embossed background adds so much texture! Blessings!

Karen Letchworth said...

Shelly: Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment on my SSIC challenge card. I appreciate your sweet words. I also love your entry, and really like how you implemented the music. I would really love to have you come back to my blog and become a "follower", and I'd love to "follow" you in return. I love getting to know new blog friends, and most especially new friends who I know love the Lord, and are praising Him on their blogs the way you are. Thanks again for stopping by, and I really hope you will choose to come back by and follow/be followed on each other's blogs.
Blessings to you,
Karen
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Shelly, love the scripture. That embossed background somehow really belongs here! Hugs, Ira

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, Shelly....I got a lump in my throat, readin' this post....so glad you are feeling better about crafting...and look at what a delightful creation you came up with....it's just so rich and simply gorgeous...and I truly love that scripture.
I don't know what I would do, or who I would be without my faith in the Lord....and you really are a blessing in my life
Happy Thanksgiving Li'l Sis!
ps. will be praying for DH...he'll be fine :)

Tammy said...

Oh this is gorgeous Shelly!! I love the colors, embossing and that beautiful Scripture!! Awesome design and details! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful scripture! Glad you joined the CDS blog hop. Good Luck.

Carmen said...

Hi Shelly,
Really lovely card! I enjoyed reading your post, especially the blessings. What a great idea!