I made my card with an old stamp from Hippo Heart. I made the yellow layer of my card using the Polished Stone technique. It's layered on a dark green card. I used a charm with the word "Dream" on it for my sentiment. I sponged around the image with a sea sponge. I love the texture a sea sponge gives.
Here are some samples of the Polished Stone techniques papers that I made. The picture doesn't show them at their best, because I took it at night. Some are made with dye re-inkers and some are made with alcohol inks. You'll notice that I didn't add any metallic ink to the yellow paper. It was easier to match the yellow paper to my colored image, but I think the papers with the metallic inks in them would look gorgeous as backgrounds for cards with sentiments as their focal point. Here are a few links to learn more about the Polished Stone Technique: Stamp tv, Split Coast Stampers, Sara Janes Studio.
Today's Tip: I save the paper that has been printed on from our computer printer. I use it as a mat under my paper crafting to catch adhesive, ink, paint and other messy things that I don't want on my desk surface. Once I've used the paper for a mat it's ready for the recycling bin. This way I get double use out of a sheet of paper before it gets sent to the recycling bin. Another small way to help keep our planet green. :)
Top Tip Tuesday
The Crafty Pad
Yesterday My husband and I spent a wonderful afternoon together. One of the things we did was have a picnic at a park at the beach. It was a perfect day for it- warm and sunny, but not hot. We didn't go down on the beach itself, because it was too windy there for the Trigeminal Neuralgia in my face, but I did snap a few quick pictures of the ocean from the boardwalk. The ocean was extremely calm - no surfers - one man in a kayak fishing. :)
- The chance to spend special time with my best friend & soul mate, my hubby, yesterday.
- A fabulous answer to prayer that I'll elaborate more on as I can!!!
- Another precious phone call from my little niece. Such a great surprise. :)
- A safe trip for our friends that were traveling a long distance.
- I saw a beautiful new species of bird out back yesterday morning. I have to do more research to find out what it was. It sure was pretty and one I've never seen in 29 yr. of living here.