Sunday, August 29, 2010

All that Glitters!

I found this piece of glittery dp in with some paper that I received in a swap and I fell in love.  I think I could become addicted to gliitery dp. lol  Today's card is also for someone special who is recovering from major surgery, so please keep her in prayer too.

The butterfly antennae are made from wire that I colored with alcohol ink. I added some touches of Stickles to the butterfly.  The background papers and parts of the butterfly that looks black are a rich brown IRL.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:
Flutterby Wednesday - Anything goes - must have butterfly, fairy or angel.
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Other than Christmas
Wild Orchid - Make It Sparkle
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Paper Cutz - Use metal

Blessings
  • My doctor gave me two free inhalers.
  • Our friend, Lloyd, who was in the bad accident last year, is able to do some farming again.
  • My hubby got over $17 worth of cereal for $2!!!  And it's healthy stuff too.  What a guy! :)
Have a terrific day!!!

Inky hugs!
Shelly

12 comments:

Tammy said...

OM Gosh Shelly this is gorgeous!! I LOVE that butterfly and the black matting is so elegant! Beautiful creation!
Hugs, Tammy

Kimberly S said...

Wow Shelly, this is just beautiful! The butterfly is gorgeous, the colors are so warm and sure to lift your friend's spirits. Love the glittery touch of Stickles too! Thanks so much for joining us for FBW! :)

Ira said...

Wow Shelly, what a stunning card with the butterfly and the beautiful colours you used! I love the entire card, it's absolutely très chic!
Hope your friend will recover soon, hugs, Ira

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Shelly! love all that glitter!!!
hugs & blessings!

Mummylade said...

this is just wonderful! Thank you for joining the SFTW challenge and good luck.

Mary Ski said...

Lovely card! Very elegant. Thanks for sharing with PCC

Elsina said...

Gorgeous card, love the glitter and the colors!

Cheryl said...

Absolutely stunning.....your butterfly is so beautiful!!!
Hugs xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card! I really like the butterfly and how realistic it looks.

J.Rae's Shabby Cottage Designs said...

Hi Shelly, thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I have also added myself as a follower of your lovely blog! Thank you also for all the very sweet comments you left. Please come by again. I add new free images from time to time and sometimes post my latest creations!
I love the music on my blog too! Need my daily dose of the Lord..and sometimes that means beautiful uplifting music!! Blessings, Julie

E.T said...

this is GORGEOUS! the butterfly looks like the one on your page (the blog background)!

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions